Friday, March 24, 2006

The Fearful Thing

In a radio sermon, west coast preacher and theologian, John MacArthur defined sin this way. He said, “Sin represents the dissent of man.” In that clear definition he spoke volumes. The attitude of humanity, the attitude of the world towards God’s revelation is to reject what God has said.

The worldly response to God is: “I disagree with you, God. Your way is too hard for me. Your way is too old fashioned. Your way is too restrictive. Your way is too unpleasant. Your way is too much against my natural instincts and desires. Your way takes too much discipline. You won’t let me be happy in my way. Your way is too controlling for me. I do not choose your way. I do not love what you call righteousness.”
The fearful thing in today's churches and denominations is that the world’s dissent from God seems to be getting a following.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home