Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sadly, More of the Same

Ravi Zacharias “If the church of Jesus Christ sets her house in order we will see revival.”

According to dowblog.blogspot.com The Washington Post recently published remarks by the actively homosexual Episcopal Bishop of New Hampshire. Asked about his personal sexual behavior he said: "It is not something of which I should repent and I have no intention of doing so. I have been led to understand that I am loved by God just as I am. That is not to say I am perfect but it is my belief that my orientation is value-neutral. It is what I do with my relationship that God really cares about." Apparently a vocal group of American Baptists would agree with him.

Then he adds the following: "We worship a living God, not one locked up in the Scripture of 2,000 years ago." Ah, there it is. The issue that is really the heart of the problem among us American Baptists. Is the Bible too old? Out of date? Has the shining light of its revelation faded? Is it no longer true (at least when it deals with issues of popular modern culture)? Has God finally freed Himself of the antiquated notions He once had?

I don’t agree with the homosexual Bishop about the Bible, but that vocal group of American Baptists affirming his lifestyle seems to.

So far in our denomination they have the upper hand. The leadership of ABCUSA is unwilling to censure them. Baptist polity is being compartmentalized to aid their argument. Denominational unity is being magnified to dwarf the damage they are doing to the Bible believing American Baptists who make up the larger portion of ABCUSA population.

Do you have any hope for ABCUSA?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home